Avoid Common Parenting Pitfalls
with Custom-Designed Solutions
That Fit Your Needs,
Using a Proven Step-by-Step Plan.
A Personal Message From:
Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE
“America’s Parenting Problem-Solver” – – Radio-TV Interview Report
Dear Fellow Parent,
Don’t even think of buying another parenting book until you read about the “Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula.” This letter offers an introduction to a once-secret step-by-step problem-solving system that can help any parent can plan an individualized effective response to any parenting challenge — in minutes!
For the past 25 years I’ve taught thousands of parents from diverse backgrounds not only parenting basics, but even highly advanced concepts and skills many family-service professionals don’t even know!
|There’s so much about The Parent’s Toolshop that I like. As a parent, it is so easy to react to problems. This offers so many healthy alternatives. As a counselor, I like the way I can apply the process to all relationships. There were so many things that even as a therapist, with all the training I’ve had, that I didn’t realize—like the myths about timeouts. I’ve been giving the same kind of advice lots of other professionals give—and assumed it must be right, because so many people believed it. This was a real eye-opener. — Ken Rogiers, M.A., Lighthouse Christian Counseling, Inc., OH
The parents who learn the most and get the most results are those who:
If you are committed to becoming the best parent you can be, then I can teach you a simple process that will free you from depending on anyone for advice, including parenting “experts” like me!
In this letter, I’m going to make some bold promises about what you can accomplish by learning the Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula. If you read this entire letter, you will see that I back up every claim.
Very Few Parents
Have Identified Their Parenting Goals;
Even Fewer Have a PLAN and
the Skills They Need to Achieve Those Goals.
When it comes to the language and action skills that are part of effective parenting, “Parental love may come naturally, but effective parenting skills are learned.“ (And most people do not learn the most-effective skills in their own families.)
|I’ve just finished Chapter 3, “Universal Blueprint®.” I am so thrilled by this comprehensive framework for parenting!!! As a grandmother of two and mother of two, I wish that I had this when I was raising my children. My own child rearing was haphazard to say the least, although I did the best I could with the information available. I’m sending a copy to my son, the father of my grandsons. — — Oshara Petaja, MT
In parenting, there is not one “right” way to do something, but there are ”more effective” and “less effective” ways to reach our parenting goals. Long-term research and consistent reports from thousands of parents over 10-40 years prove what is “effective.”
So the Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula is not one universal solution that supposedly cures any parenting problem.
There are a gazillion potential parenting challenges — and each one needs an individualized response that fits the needs of the parent, child and situation.
Do you feel overwhelmed thinking you need to be prepared to solve a gazillion potential parenting problems? Of course! So most of us say, “I’ll just figure things out as they happen.”
We might have ideas and opinions about how to parent, maybe even have pretty good skills, but we don’t really have a plan for preventing problems or responding to those that arise. We just use trial-and-error to figure things out.
|At work, I have weekly, quarterly, and yearly goals. To achieve these goals, I develop a plan that I think (and hope) will work. I attend workshops, seminars, and classes to learn better methods to work my plan. The Universal Blueprint® formula has the same effect on working my parenting plan. – – Rich Munn, OH
Gives Quick Fixes That Seem to Work…
But Usually Has Negative Side-Effects
You Won’t See Until Later,
When You’ve Got a Bad Habit or a Bigger Problem!
Take this quick quiz: How many of these unexpected results have you experienced?
- We try being flexible, but look wishy-washy instead.
- We praise children, but they argue with our compliment!
- We tell children not to do something, but they turn around and do it anyway!
- When we try to negotiate a solution to a power struggle, we end up giving in!
- When we set the rules, our children seek and find loopholes.
- When we do nice things for our children, they act like ungrateful brats and treat us like maids, chauffeurs, short-order cooks and doormats!
- When we tell children to calm down, they get more upset!
- When we try to get our children to open up and talk, they clam up even more!
- When we express our concerns, children roll their eyes and walk away.
- We ignore the attention-seeking behavior and tantrums, like advice says we should, but the child’s behavior gets so much worse we can’t ignore it any longer!
- When we tell our children their mean behavior hurts our feelings, they smile!
- When we give them chances by counting to three, they never seem to take action until we get to three!
- When we threaten to punish our children, they say “go ahead, you can’t hurt me!” So we have to get more extreme just to get them to behave!
- If we slap them, they slap us — and other children! That could get us both in trouble!
- So we use discipline like time-outs. Sometimes it starts to work, but by the time the one-minute-per-year-of-age-time is up, children are more out of control than they were when we put them in the time-out! Or they keep coming out of the room or chair and follow us around sobbing!
- If we ground them, we feel punished because they make our lives miserable!
…and on and on it can go.
In each situation, do you know which tool could prevent or stop that situation from happening? (If you do or if you have never had any of these situations happen, then I’d like to recruit you as one of my personally-trained instructors — because these are all pretty common — even I have had them happen before!)
|I am aware of some ways I have tried some of the things in the past, but now I have new ways to go about getting the results I want. I also have a better understanding of my child’s behavior and my own. – – Sandra Manning, OH
Do You Want to Feel Confident
That What You Say and Do Today
Will Help You Reach Your Parenting Goals?
The Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula combines scientific research, ancient truths and common sense into a simple reliable user-friendly plan. This effective parenting “system” offers parents:
- A universal plan for effective parenting that
- Meets the individual needs of each situation, child and parent in diverse families and
- Allows parents to express their unique personal style, so they feel authentic using it.
Now I’m not asking you to try some “revolutionary, new” parenting techniques that I made up! Parents have been using some of these techniques for ages. Some parenting classes and resources have taught the skills and have long-term research over the past 40 years that prove the skills work. The only think I “invented” is the systematic way I organize, teach and tell parents to use the skills — because parents get the best results possible when they use the skills this way.
|In the late 60′s, I taught P.E.T. for several years and then taught S.T.E.P. for another fifteen years. If The Parent’s Toolshop had been around back then, I would have definitely chosen it above those other curricula. I like the way the toolsets are put together and the whole process of putting it into categories. The logical sequence makes it so easy to use. I am so impressed with this program, I plan to keep several copies of the book in the office, so we can provide them to the parents we serve. – – Millie McCarty, M.A., L.P.C., President & Executive Director, Lighthouse Counseling Inc., OH
Most Parents (And Family-Professionals) Are Skeptical
About a “Universal” Parenting “Formula”
…Until They Learn the Details
and See 10 Years of Impressive Outcome Results…
Then They Thump Their Foreheads and Say, “Why Didn’t Someone Think of this Sooner!?”
So let’s look at a couple of critical factors:
First, let me tell you a little about myself and how I developed this “no-longer secret” formula, because I think it will help you see that this is not some fly-by-night idea.
I Have Unique Qualifications to Teach Parenting Skills:
- Both of my parents were professional parent educators and raised me with many of these skills. I can testify from a child’s perspective how good it feels to be on the receiving end of these parenting tools.
- I used these skills to parent my children, who are now young adults leaving the nest. I can attest, from a parent’s perspective, about the real-life challenges I’ve used these parenting tools to solve. People often comment about what “good kids” I have — even people who don’t know me or what I do professionally. They aren’t perfect children and I’m not a perfect parent — there is no such thing — and if we were, we wouldn’t have learned the lessons that helped us grow.
- I have an advanced degree, social work license and certification in parenting studies and family life education. I also participate in dozens of hours of training each year and stay abreast of current research and issues in my field. So from a professional social worker’s perspective, I understand the theoretical and philosophical basis for the parenting tools I teach. Jargon can be confusing, so I explain complex concepts in simple everyday terms.
- I am a specially trained and certified second-generation parent educator with over 25 years’ experience. So literally thousands of parents have shared their real life examples of the day-to-day crises they’ve successfully handled – or muffed and learned from.
This is the very best information, pulled from many resources. Jody is very knowledgeable about parenting, but is down to earth in presenting the information. This information needs to get to parents everywhere. – – Rosalie Bausch, parent, grandparent, lay leader, OH
It Could Take a Lifetime and Fortune
to Figure All This Out Yourself —
so I’ve Saved You Time & Money
by Doing All the Hard Work for You!
Next, consider what it took to pull together this kind of comprehensive plan.
I’ve read literally hundreds of parenting books, articles, and research studies (and continue to do so). Because of my professional education and training, I can recognize and weed out inaccurate advice and quick fixes that work in the short-run but have negative long-term results. I’ll share only the best, most-reliable, time-tested, proven-effective, practical parenting tools with you — in a logical, organized, step-by-step format.
|Your ideas are consistent with other resources I’m familiar with, but there are some things in their books I disagree with and I get so frustrated picking and choosing and screening them. It is so nice to finally find a resource that has done that for me. I can completely trust that it is comprehensive and accurate. – – Marla Hurst, parent, Adult Education teacher, OH
For you to independently compile, learn and master the 100+ most-effective parenting tools taught in The Parents Toolshop and other Universal Blueprint® resources, you would need to:
…By then your children are grown!
|I do this program 5 days a week. Regular listeners to the program know that we have a lot of parenting authors on the program. . . have for many years now. I don’t think I’ve ever seen – ever – any book as comprehensive. You can tell it’s a decade worth of work. – – Dr. David McMillian, Host of Strategies for Living, KFLO-radio, Shreveport LA
Universal Blueprint® Resources
Reference or are Consistent With
Parenting Experts You Already Know and Trust.
Here is a short list of the authors The Parents Toolshop book references☼ and/or who have endorsed♥ it:
- Jack Canfield, co-author Chicken Soup for the Soul® series and President of Self-Esteem seminars and consulting ♥
- Barbara Coloroso, Kids are Worth It! ♥
- Stephen R. Covey, Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families ♥
- Dolores Curran, Traits of a Healthy Family ☼
- Donald Dinkmeyer, Sr. and Gary McKay, The Parent’s Handbook: S.T.E.P Systematic Training for Effective Parenting ☼
- Rudolf Dreikurs, M.D., Children: The Challenge ☼
- Albert Ellis, A Guide to Rational Living ☼
- Martha Farrell Erickson, Ph.D., Dir. of Children, Youth & Family Consortium, Univ. of Minnesota♥
- Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish, How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk ☼
- Jim Fay and Foster Cline, Parenting With Love and Logic ♥
- Thomas Gordon, P.E.T. Parent Effectiveness Training ☼
- Mary Sheedy Kurchinka, Raising a Spirited Child☼
- Jane Nelsen, Ed.D., Positive Discipline series ☼♥
- Dr. Dennis O’Grady, Taking the Fear out of Changing ♥
- Michael Popkin, Active Parenting ☼
- William Sears, M.D., Creative Parenting ☼
- Gary Smalley, Hidden Keys to a Loving Relationship ☼
- John Gray, Men Are From Mars, Women are From Venus ☼
- Dr. Gary Sweeten, Listening for Heaven’s Sake ☼
- . . . and dozens more!
|This book is incredible. Every chapter is so comprehensive. I learn so much. When I finish a chapter I think the next one can’t possibly be as good – - but it always is! I’ve read many books by the likes of Scott Peck, Stephen Covey and Melody Beattie. The Parent’s Toolshop pulls it all together and shows you how to live these revelations. This book is not just about parenting. – – Jeff Smith, OH
Sound Too Good to Be True? Sound like Hype?
The Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula
And its Skills Have Already Been Proven Effective
by Thousands of Parents for Over Ten Years.
(Some Skills Have over 40 Years of Proven Results!)
The first several years I taught this formula to parents I saw dramatic results — but the results seemed almost too good to be true! I wanted to accumulate enough outcome results from enough parents from diverse backgrounds to prove the results were real and lasting. So I kept this formula a secret for almost 10 years. It was worth the wait. I now have over 10 years of consistently impressive outcome results.
Here are just a few of the results of 10 years of field test with 1295 parents:
- 77% (or 992 parents) attended a 16-hour class and completed a pre/post skill assessment.
- 83% of these 992 parents (or 823 parents) graduated.
- 99.87% of those graduates (all but one) improved their parenting skills.
- On a scale of 11 points, the average improvement in skills was 2.40 points, from below the midpoint (5.41) to the “more skillful” range (7.81).
- Nearly 20% scored in the highest skill range possible!
In participant evaluations:
- 83% rated the program “excellent,” 100% rated it “good” or “excellent”
- 96% said they learned new information
- 100% said they would recommend the program to others.
Do You Get the Significance of Those Results?
Read Them Again…Slowly.
Over the course of 10 years, ALL 100% of 1295 parents — from all walks of life — rated their Parents Toolshop® program “good” or “excellent” and said they would recommend the program to others. And all but 1 person out of all 1295 parents who took the class improved their skills.
|There are many parenting classes in the Dayton area and we fund most of them. Our statistics show that none have even come close to achieving the results your classes achieve on a consistent basis. – – Linda Taylor, Community Initiatives Program Funding, United Way of Greater Dayton, Ohio
And the Results LAST!
Now that my son is almost eighteen and I see what a wonderful young man he is, I realize parenting is not all “luck.” I truly believe that 90% is because of the concepts I learned from you, when he was only three — and I’ll be forever grateful to you for that. I had no role model for parenting to look back on. I learned healthy parenting from YOU, and it’s given me the most valuable thing in my life, a healthy, close relationship with my son. – – Eva Polichany, Ohio
If you are still in disbelief or suspicious, then you are a die-hard skeptic like me. Why do you think I kept this a secret so long? I needed convincing, too. You may want to check out some of the free resources listed at the end of the detailed field test results.
|When I read this letter, I thought, “Is this for real? It is too good to be true!” But I know from taking Jody’s class (twice!) that all the statements are true and her resources are fabulous! – – Kay Lynch, Ambris Publishing Advisory Committee member, OH
You Can Have Children Who Are So Well Behaved
Even Strangers Will Compliment Their Behavior
and Your Parenting
- Having children who will behave without bribes, rewards, lectures, threats, spanking, grounding or punishing. Having responsible, self-disciplined children using exclusively positive and effective parenting tools.
- Experiencing fewer problems because you know the simple secrets for preventing the most common parenting challenges parents face — that most parents (and even some family-service professionals) don’t know.
- When problems arise, you are calm and confident. You are patient, have a level head and can think straight.
- Asking 3 questions and knowing, within minutes…or seconds…what would be an effective response.
- Choosing the best tools for the job…using the tools skillfully, in an order that gets you positive, long-lasting results…and reaching your parenting goals.
- Becoming the kind of parent you’ve always noticed and admired.
|I have done a lot of reading and research to be an effective parent and this the most comprehensive, clearly communicated and exciting format that I have come across. I see the success of this information when I am in public with my children and adults compliment me on how well behaved my children are. I’ve even had strangers come up to me on the playground and ask me “Where did you learn to talk to your kids like that?” – – Carolyn McDermott, OH
Now You Can Join Thousands of Parents
Who Have Discovered
the 3 Questions and 5 Steps That
Lead to an Effective Response to
ANY Parenting Challenge with ANY Child
The Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula and its 100+ tools:
- Help you respond to problems, instead of react to them, so you don’t accidentally make things worse.
- Provide a reliable parenting plan, which helps reduce your frustration and gives you more patience and confidence.
- Give you (and your parenting partners) a balanced parenting style, so there is more cooperation and fewer arguments about who is too soft or too harsh.
- Increase parents and children’s self-esteem, which improves motivation and performance without egotism or cut-throat competition.
- Engage children’s cooperation — without testing, power struggles, bribes, incentives, rewards, payoffs or stickers — so children do what you ask the first time you ask them!
- Teach children life skills that promote children’s independence and responsibility, so parents can let go and trust more.
- Teach children how to solve their own problems and make responsible decisions — without parents taking over — so children will share more with parents, express their feelings appropriately and resolve conflicts with peers and siblings on their own!
- Help you and your children develop individualized stress and anger management plans so they have fewer tantrums and outbursts and everyone stays calmer, thinks straighter and is less stressed.
- Help you assertively communicate your concerns, opinions, values, expectations, and rules — without lectures, blame, shame, or threats — so children listen to and respect your needs.
- Help you understand why children misbehave and how to respond without escalating the situation or giving a payoff.
- Eliminate problem behavior by using discipline to teach. Children learn from their mistakes instead of just being punished for them, so they learn lessons faster, change their behavior, develop self-control, self-discipline and self-responsibility.
- Help you have productive family councils so you can prevent problems and make consensus decisions on issues that affect every family member.
- Improve your consistency, ability to recognize inaccurate advice, and use all the tools in adult relationships, which dramatically boosts parenting teamwork, your confidence and improves your adult relationships!
|I especially like the Universal Blueprint® formula. I can apply the skills in any situation and get the maximum use from them. I’ve used some of these skills separately before, but there always seems to be something that fell through the cracks. This pulls everything together. – – Dorothy Scott, M.A. Lighthouse Christian Counseling, Inc., OH
Learn the Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula Your Way. You Decide How to Learn,
How Much to Learn and Where to Learn.
I’ve spent the past few years creating a wide variety of resources for every parent and every budget. You can either check out the on-line store at:
or check out the NEWEST training packages at
Many have special discounted prices for ordering direct from the publisher on-line, bonus gifts, and money-back guarantees. So check out the options today!
When you think about it,
You Only Have One Shot
to Successfully Parent Your Child
One shot at how you handle the first tantrum.
One shot at how you handle the first potty training accident.
One shot at how you handle the first day at school.
One shot at how you handle the first sibling argument.
One shot at how you handle the first forgotten homework.
One shot at how you handle the first date.
One shot at how you handle the first driving lesson.
How you handle that first time decides what will happen next. Will the problem stop forever? Will it stop for a while but return? Will it get worse because there was a more effective way to handle that first chance?
There are many firsts in your child’s life. Whether your child is in the cradle or college, you can use the skills in the Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula to prevent problems and enhance your relationship with your child for life!
|The simplistic brilliance of the Universal Blueprint® formula takes you by surprise once you start realizing that these tools really do make a difference. Not all at once but, day by day, situation by situation, that you handle a little or a lot, differently from before. It all adds up to a whole new way of lowering stress in your life, as well as your child’s life. – – Don Coterel, OH
I hope you’ll choose to start NOW!
Yours in Service to Families,
Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE
President, Parents Toolshop® Consulting, Ltd.
P.O. Box 343 ~ Springboro, OH 45066
Dayton (OH) local & International: 937-748-4541
Toll-Free N. America: 1-877-748-4541
Click Here to E-mail Jody
P.S. Only you can decide whether you are ready NOW, TODAY, to let me teach you my no-longer secret formula and at least a few critical skills for making your life easier, parenthood more rewarding and your child’s childhood healthier and happier. I hope you’ll trust me to share some insights as your “parenting partner” on this most-important job you’ve decided to undertake.