(included in the Parents Toolshop® Teleseminar Series Album)
Rude, disrespectful, smart-mouthed, bratty kids who back talk. What parent doesn’t have a trigger button for back talk? Why? Because you’d never talk to your parents this way! If you had, you might have gotten smacked across the face! You don’t want to do that, but you also don’t like being disrespected.
So what are you to do?
The most typical reactions to back talk can actually make matters worse! To nip this behavior in the bud, you need to understand the roots of rudeness and how to prevent and respond to back talk in a way that models respect but is still assertive and sets limits and standards.
You see, back-talk is learned behavior, so the question is, where do children learn to talk like this? Do they know how to say what they want in an assertive, respectful way? And if they did, would they be heard? While parents aren’t the only place children learn back talk, they are the biggest influence in modeling communication skills and stopping back talk, even if they didn’t start it.
So here’s a resource package that includes a recording of a one-hour, thought-provoking, live workshop and discussion with parenting professionals and real-life parents, just like you, where you’ll discover:
- The five reasons why children today often act and talk in disrespectful, rude, sassy ways.
- The five typical parenting reactions to back talk and why they don’t work, reinforce the behavior or escalate the situation.
- How to recognize whether “sass” is intentional or not — yes, sometimes it’s unintentional.
- The four things you can do to prevent children from using back talk, rudeness and “smart-alecky” remarks.
- The four-step process for responding assertively, effectively and without defensiveness.
- Tips for teaching children anger management and communication skills to children, so they can express themselves respectfully, even if they disagree or don’t like something.
This deluxe resource package includes:
- Digitally remastered Audio
- Full Transcripts
- All the Handouts andResources Available to the Original Participants
- Bonus resources
Optional resources for deeper learning
Listen to a sample:
This resource with tips on how to stop and even prevent back talk is yours for only $14.95 today!