* The training programs listed in this section usually take place in the Dayton (OH) area or elsewhere in Ohio and are taught by the author, Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE. To invite Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE to present a workshop at your location, get her free speaker kit. Just CLICK HERE.
Scroll down the page to view the schedule for:
Parent Training Programs
Parents Toolshop® Graduate Services & Benefits
Foster Parent Training throughout Ohio
Parents Tool Talk Radio Show
PARENT TRAINING PROGRAMS
“Live” Dayton – Cincinnati Area Training Programs For Parents:
The Secrets of Preventing Misbehavior: Practical T.I.P.S. (Tools For Improving Parenting Success)
9-week evening parenting series (see flyer and/or agenda)
When: Fall: 6 Thursdays, Oct. 16 – Nov. 20, 2014
Where: Kettering Behavioral Hospital
Description: Nowhere else can you attend Universal Blueprint® programs, which teach a simple formula for finding your own personalized solutions for preventing and solving problems with children ages 1-18.
Discover the practical 4-star language and action tools every parent needs to know. Help children become confident, independent, responsible, cooperative and capable of solving their own problems. Improve parent/child communication. Understand and effectively respond to misbehavior so children become self-disciplined. Boost teamwork and consistency with your parenting partners.
Cost: $270 individuals, $405 couples Deposit to hold your spot. See Flyer
- On-line, CLICK HERE. (credit cards)
- Phone, 937-372-2259 (credit cards)
- By mail, send contact information, which class you are registering for and check payable to:
Parents Toolshop, P.O. Box 343, Springboro, OH, 45066
“PARENTS NIGHT OUT” MEETUP DISCUSSION GROUP
A “Parents Night Out” Parents Toolshop® Meetup Discussion Group is being sponsored by Kettering Behavioral Medicine Center and will take place at KBMC’s Community Room, 5348 Lamme Rd from 6:00 – 8:00 pm the second Monday of each month . For one hour, the discussion will focus on a parenting topic. The rest of the time will be an opportunity for open Q&A and chance to get to know and support each other better. Bring a snack to share.
You can attend and pay $5 at each Meetup or get a one-time Meetup membership for $14.95 and attend all the Meetups at no charge (just a donation for Meetup fees). That membership also includes access to the 30-day e-course and lifetime Gold Webinars, making the total value of this live and on-line event package worth over $300/year.
To receive updates, reminders and RSVP for these Meetups, please become a member of the Parents Toolshop® Meetup Group at http://www.meetup.com/parentstoolshop. If you have any questions please contact Belinda Long.
Please note child care is not available during the Meetup group.
CERTIFIED TOOLSHOP® LEADERS AVAILABLE FOR SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
There are several certified Toolshop® Leaders in the Dayton area available for speaking engagements. The Universal Blueprint® can be applied to business and adult relationships, so if you are looking for someone to speak at a conference or staff development consider a Toolshop® program.
Check out Jody Johnston Pawel’s Speaker Kit for a list of common topics which many can be customized to fit a company’s or agency’s training needs. For more information or to book an engagement, contact the Parents Toolshop® Speaker Coordinator, Belinda Long.
This home study involves:
Completing and submitting the practice exercises at the end of each chapter. For your convenience, we’ll send each chapter’s exercises to you by e-mail so you can simply reply to each one, type in your answers and send them. When you order the home study program, choose the age range of your child and you will only complete the practice exercises that are relevant for that age range.
Complete and submit a final review (about 50 questions).
Receive a “Graduation” certificate. Now you are a Parents Toolshop® Graduate!
- Register to get guest and topic announcements at: www.ParentsToolshop.com/tele
- Get resource package (audio recording, handouts, and articles) for past teleseminars at: https://parentstoolshop.org/resources/teleseminars/
- Visit the Parents Tool Talk Home Page at: www.parentstooltalk.com
PARENTS TOOLSHOP® GRADUATES RECEIVE LIFETIME BENEFITS:
- FREE: 30-minutes of phone consultation per year
- 50% off consultation fees (phone/home)
- 50% off Toolshop® classes taught by the author, Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE
- UNLIMITED LIFETIME 10% DISCOUNT on any programs and resources purchased on-line. You will receive a discount link upon graduating.
All graduates receive notices of upcoming graduate support services, such as in-person groups and teleseminars. If you are a Toolshop® graduate and are not receiving these important notices, update your contact information. CLICK HERE (mention you are a grad in the “comments” section and that this contact information is an update.)
Foster parents can earn continuing education credits (CEUs) for attending:
Any of the parenting programs offered in the South Dayton area
Up to 1/3 of their CEU hours by tuning in to the Parents Tool Talk Radio Show. (Just attend the call, check-in, and send the program details by e-mail to instructor for attendance verification.)
- Jody also offers CEU training programs for Foster Parents through the Ohio Regional Training Centers. These workshops are only open to foster parents, staff or supervisors who are affiliated with Ohio county protective service agencies and these participants get priority seating. Some regions may allow foster parents from non-RTC agencies to attend these programs if there are seats available. Please call the regional training center sponsoring the program to inquire if this is the case. You can get a list of the workshops and contact numbers at www.OCWTP.net.
In-Person Professional CEU Workshops
The following professionals can earn CEUs for attending any of the Parenting programs offered by Jody Johnston Pawel:
- CFLE: Approved for Continuing Education Credits for the Certified Family Life Educator program through the National Council on Family Relations.
- Ohio Social Worker, Counselor and Marriage Family Therapists
- Foster Parents
- Any Universal Blueprint® program also qualifies for Parents Toolshop® Parent Educator Instructor Certification “witnessing” hours.
- Jody also offers CEU training programs for Social Workers and Counselors through the Ohio Regional Training Centers. These workshops are only open to foster parents, staff or supervisors who are affiliated with Ohio county protective service agencies and these participants get priority seating. Some regions may allow licensed social workers and counselors from the public attend those programs if there are seats available. Please call the regional training center sponsoring the program to inquire if this is the case. You can get a list of the workshops and contact numbers at www.OCWTP.net.
This home study involves:
Reading The Parents Toolshop® book.
Completing and submitting a final review (about 50 questions) and a CEU evaluation form.
Receive a CEU & Toolshop® “Graduation” certificate.
Approved for Continuing Education Credits for the Certified Family Life Educator program through the National Council on Family Relations. This training offers 31 contact hours or 3.1 CFLE CEUs.
Ohio Social Worker, Counselor and MFT Board has approved this training for 10 clock hours for Counselors, SWs and MFTs.
To read a description and see ordering options, CLICK HERE.
To order the CEU Home Study, CLICK HERE.
* For a list of more training programs offered by Parents Toolshop® for Continuing Education Credits/Units, CLICK HERE.
If you have any questions about any of these programs, call:
- Toll-free (N. America): 1-866-PARENT8 (727-3688) or
- Dayton (OH) local calling area & International (1+): 937-748-4541
- Send an e-mail
To invite Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE to present a workshop at your location, get her free speaker kit. Just CLICK HERE.